Original recipe can be found here. I made these for my sister’s graduation party, and they didn’t last very long. You can also use raspberry jam combined with 1 tsp. cornstarch in place of the pastry filling. Makes one dozen cupcakes.
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup raspberry pastry filling
Ganache & Garnish Ingredients
- 3 squares (1 oz each) white baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. plain non-fat yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
- 12 fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Put liners in cupcake pan and set aside.
- Combine sugar and oil, whisk well. Add zest, yogurt, milk, and extract; whisk until blended.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl, mix well. Sift into wet ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Whisk egg whites with a fork until foamy, fold into batter.
- Scoop batter into liners as evenly in possible.
- Using a small scoop, scoop filling onto centers of cupcakes; push in gently with the back of the scoop.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until tops spring back lightly when pressed.
- Let cool 5 minutes then remove from pan.
- For ganache, place chopped chocolate in a bowl. Microwave on high 45-60 seconds until almost melted, stir until smooth.
- Stir in yogurt and extract.
- Dip tops of cupcakes into ganache. Garnish with raspberries.